Total Back Care
We are fortunate to work in a self-contained building, which is large & open planned enough to allow for Social Distancing measures. We have bespoke Client parking and our own entrance/facilities, ensuring no contact with third parties is required.
The Studio offers a safe environment in which to conduct an Ergonomic Consultation & we have put a strict policy in place to protect both Client & Consultant. If you would like an Ergonomic Consultation, please ensure you are happy to agree to the following policy before booking your appointment:
- Consultant & Client are requested to check their temperature prior to the Consultation. If there is any sign of body temperature being above normal, or a persistent cough, the Consultation will be postponed.
- The Consultation will be strictly by appointment, with extra time allocated to ensure no cross over between Clients entering/leaving The Studio.
- The Consultation Suite & equipment will be deep cleaned in between Clients.
- On arrival & departure, Client & Consultant must use the Hand Sanitiser Station.
- Both Client & Consultant will be asked to wear a face mask & disposable gloves throughout the Consultation, which we will supply.
- Only one Client is allowed in the Consultation Suite with the Consultant on a one : one basis.
- Our Consultant will observe Social Distancing throughout the Consultation. We are adapting our Consultation Process to accommodate this.
- With apologies, we will not be offering refreshments at this time.
- Pillow assessments cannot currently be offered.
We will not be able to offer a full set-up service at your workplace but equipment will be delivered with full instructions & our Consultant will be available to remotely assist you. When it is safe, our Consultant can return to your place of work to conduct a full set-up service if required.
Appointments can be booked with Dr Rob Harrison from Monday 11th May 2020 & he will be the only staff member at The Studio.
It is hoped Mrs Jessica Roberts will be taking bookings from Monday 1st June 2020, she will be based separately on the upper floor of The Studio to maintain social distancing between staff. We have a strict staff policy in place, including bespoke work stations & practices, to protect our team.
We are doing everything we can to ensure everyone Stays Safe & believe it is safer to conduct Consultations at The Studio, rather than in your workplace at this time. This will be reviewed on an individual Client basis as Government Directive for Workplaces becomes clearer.
Consultations are suitable whilst Working From Home. Many Clients are facilitating the use of bespoke Ergonomic Equipment in employees homes, which can later be transferred back into the Workplace when safe to do so.
For further advice or to book a Consultation, please email email@example.com which Dr Harrison constantly monitors.
In line with the Government Directive of 23.3.2020, we feel the responsible thing to do is to close The Studio for a 3 week period.
We will be working from Home & fully contactable during this period by email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Or via our Website ‘Contact’ Page.
As our Consultations are 1:1, in an isolated building, we will keep a close eye on Government Advice for our particular circumstances. But for now, for the safety of Clients & Consultants, we will not be conducting any new Consultations for the foreseeable future.
We Thank our wonderful Clients, who it’s always a pleasure to work with & send Best Wishes to you all at this time. Stay Safe.
Rob, Ange & Jess x
As people move to Home Working, there will inevitably be an uplift in workers suffering muscular skeletal issues through poor ergonomic working profiles.
To help alleviate & prevent further injury, thereby taking pressure off the Health Services at this time, we are keeping The Studio open for 1:1 consultations but with strict new guidelines in place:
1. Our Consultants temperature will be taken at the start & in the middle of the day. If they or their families display any symptoms they will be sent home.
2. Consultations will be by appointment only, with a 30 minute gap between clients to allow for thorough cleaning of the Consultation Room after every consultation & to ensure no cross-over client contact.
3. Clients will need to confirm they have no known contact with the virus or symptoms of it before every Consultation. Anyone who is self-isolating should not attend for a Consultation until after their 14 day quarantine period.
4. No callers will be admitted to The Studio.
Access is strictly by prior appointment only at this time.
Where feasible, we will look to assess, supply & install at the clients home address (Midlands area) within a two week period, providing the home is clear of Coronavirus symptoms & not in self-isolation.
We are in a fluid situation but will do everything we can to assist clients comfort & support whilst working from home.
At this time it is best to email us: email@example.com which our team has constant access to.
Should we need to close The Studio for a period of time, we will post updates on this website.
Wishing you & your families safe passage through this health crisis.
The Total Back Care team will be closing the Studio on Thursday 19th December at 5pm with last appointment slot available at 4pm. We will reopen on Monday January 6th at 9am. During this time, we will still be accessing our emails and diary. We wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!
With Christmas around the corner, not everyone has the luxury of a Christmas dinner or presents to unwrap. Crisis for Christmas is the UK National charity for homeless people that offers; food, warmth, companionship and vital services to homeless people over the Christmas period. In 2016 almost 4,600 homeless people visited Crisis at Christmas, which was run by about 10,500 volunteers.
The Total Back Care team have raised £288.70 to ensure 10 people receive these services at the Crisis Christmas Centre. Visit www.crisis.org.uk/homeless to make a donation and help someone who’s homeless this Christmas.
The benefits of a sit stand desk when used correctly may help to significantly reduce back pain and encourage a more dynamic way of working. However, this requires good discipline from the end user. Tips include:
- Don’t sit or stand for too long. Ensure you sit for around 20 minutes, then higher your desk to stand for 20 minutes. Set a timer if needed.
- Ensure you have good posture when you are both sitting and standing. Again do not sit or stand for too long as you are more likely to slump if you have little/no back support. Positioning one foot on a footrest when standing helps to create a more upright posture.
- Identify which tasks are better suited to standing and which ones are better suited to sitting.
- Move away from the workstation little and often to reduce static seating.
Finally, do not forget to have your sit stand desk set at the correct sitting height and standing height.
If you wish to see our range of height adjustable desks, please arrange an appointment with one of our Consultants who would be happy to help.
Telephone- 0121 454 3900.
As a new or existing student, you may be starting to settle in to your University or preparing to start in the upcoming weeks and it is vital for your degree that you are both comfortable and supported at your study area. You can visit our private Consultation Studio, often directly referred following your appointment at a DSA Assessment Centre.
Throughout your consultation, you can trial a range of items (chairs, desks etc) best suited to your needs under our ergonomic expert guidance. It is also important to carefully consider your chair colour (if recommended) as this chair will be with you throughout your studies and beyond.
We wish you all the best during this exciting chapter and as former students ourselves, we understand the importance of being supported throughout your studies!
We’ve had a big celebration at Total Back Care with Director & Lead Consultant, Dr Rob Harrison, turning 60!
It’s been surprises all the way, with his daughters ‘turning up’ on an action packed weekend away, which included kayaking, cycling & his first flying lesson! He then turned up for a special meal to find his family & dearest friends waiting for him – a very magical moment!
With Birmingham traffic congestion becoming ever more ridiculous, we’ve decided to open The Studio from Mon – Thurs: 09.00-17.00. Allowing Rob to work from home on Fridays. Emails & phone calls will still be responded to & on-site consultations can still be booked on a Friday. The only difference is The Studio will not be open, unless by prior appointment – at a time that avoids the rush hour commute!
We fully intend to keep up our very high standards of customer service, whilst allowing Rob to have a couple less hours per week stuck in traffic!
Ergonomic Office chairs can be selected in a whole host of different colours & our latest batch of customer orders certainly stand out from the crowd!
Wherever your workplace allows, it’s a good idea to differentiate your specialist office chair to help prevent others from changing your personal settings. It can be so annoying when a colleague ‘borrows’ your chair for a quick meeting & adjusts a setting without realising the chair is a specialist item, carefully set up to suit your particular ergonomic need! You’re then left with the hassle of trying to re-optimise the settings 🙁
Some clients find making their chair stand out by selecting a unique colour works in their environment – food for thought?
Our popular Ergonomist, Mrs Jessica Roberts, has returned from Maternity Leave & is taking appointments at The Studio on Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays. She’ll be clients main point of contact at The Studio, as Dr Rob Harrison’s services are increasingly in demand for in-house consultations from a far wider geographical area.
We’d like to express immense gratitude to our daughters, Amy & Eloise, who worked incredibly hard to help cover Jess’s leave – through some of our busiest ever months!
Congratulations Jess & welcome back to our team!
To book your consultation call 0121 454 3900, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact page on our website.